Sunday, 7 September 2014

Tutor group performance

Friday 29th August 2014

Today was the day of our first performance as a tutor group, to the rest of the year group. As a group yesterday we began discussing 'The Cherry Orchard' and our thoughts on the play, so we could begin developing our characters and roles for our performance today. Last lesson as a class we began to make inputs as groups of our short pieces that we believed related to 'The Cherry Orchard', as groups we devised small pieces that we believed related to 'The Cherry Orchard' in my group we looked into the thought of one of the themes in the play to be family, and how as a family they grew up with the orchard trees. We were also told to learn a line from the someones discussion on the "development of memory". Today, performance day, we had a hour to rehearse our performance, in the piece I was apart of the main 'Cherry Orchard' tree, yesterday I went home and researched the trees and how they stand and move, and then today I tried to develop my character by applying my research of how the trees stood into our piece.
We also got to watch the other classes performances, that they created yesterday, and I really enjoyed Will's directing on his intepretation of the play, I believe the choice in music in his piece that he selected really worked well with the performance, it was all centred around a ballroom scene, which I believe was a good choice since in the play I believe it may be argued that the ballroom scene was one of the most effective scenes in the play. And they used the music to enhance the characters and storyline of the scene in the piece in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment